OK, so I’ve gone and signed up for another swap. It’s my way of saying, “Hello Outside World! I still exist!”
A post with real content coming soon, I promise. Am negotiating “blogging time” with the Dru — it’s hard to blog with a baby taking up one typing hand for cuddles!
1. Do you knit, crochet, or do both?
2. What is your favorite one-skein project? What item do you find you knit the most of?
Probably socks — I love sock yarn for a one-skein hit! I do think I knit a lot of hats, though, too, but most of those get given away!
3. Do you like using a particular type of needle or hook? (wood, metal, straight, circular) Is there something you’ve been wanting to try, or a particular size you always seem to be short on?
I have come around to be a total circular-needle-lover! Addis are, of course, primo needles, but I’ve also had a taste of the KnitPicks Harmony wooden ones and they’re pretty sweet too. As for sizes, I love 2.25 for socks, which sadly Addi doesn’t make! I tend to buy all my circs. in 34″ or longer, too, since I magic loop most things.
4. What’s on your needles\hook right now? What’s your oldest UFO (unfinished object)?
Right now I have a hat and a lace shawl in progress, and a February Lady Sweater languishing in the wings. As far as UFOs go, I’m not sure which is the eldest but I’d bet it’s a lone sock…
5. What are your favorite types of yarns? Are you allergic to any yarns, or just hate working with something? Anything type/brand of yarn you’ve been dying to try?
I’m all about little luxuries these days! (With the baby I have little knitting time, so when I take up yarn I want it to be lovely.) Pretty, soft, natural fibers are my #1 choice, hands down — life’s too short for acrylic! I am interested in branching into working with plant fibers (hemp, linen, even soft cottons?), and as far as “brands” go I’m a huge fan of Handmaiden/Fleece Artist, would love to someday try the mythical Wollmise, and am always interested in local/indie yarns!!
Shouldn’t there be a question #6??
7. What are your favorite colors? Brights? Pastels? More muted colors? Variegated? Are there that make you want to stab yourself in the eye with your needles?
Love jewel tones (purples, burgundies, greens) and autumnal reds/browns. Hate fluorescents and not usually fond of pastels. Am not a blue or yellow girl.
8. What is your favorite knit accessory, your fancy needles? stitch markers? your yarn cutter? What do you have TOO many of? What do you wish you had?
Probably fancy needles (e.g. Addis). I enjoy using my hand-made stitch markers from previous swap-pals, but otherwise don’t actually use/have many knitting accessories. I’ve seen some really nice yarn cutters & cable “needles” as necklaces, though…
1. Do you prefer boxed/packets, or something homemade?
I’m always up for handmade treats! I don’t have much attachment to any one brand, but organic chocolate is almost always way better than non when it comes to bars, so I’d assume the same for cocoa (but haven’t tested any yet!).
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
3. Do you use any ‘add ins’
Not really. Maybe a splash of Kaluah or Frangelico on rare occasions.
4. Are you a year round cocoa drinker or just in the winter months?
Year round, but still usually on colder days. Nothing like a hot cup of cocoa on a cold night’s camping, even in August!
5. Do you like flavored cocoas or are you just a ’straight chocolate’ kind of person?
6. Do you enjoy cocoa from restaurants or shops like Starbucks? What are some of your favorites?
I have a strong addiction to the Starbucks “Signature Hot Chocolate” these days. It’s reminiscent of their long-defunct Drinking Chocolate.
7. You’ve just made the perfect cup of cocoa – is it in a thick mug, or a thinner cup? Where would you sit to drink it?
Oversized thick mug! Time to curl up in an armchair with a book :)
8. You’re enjoying that perfect cup, what treats will you enjoy with it? Are they sweet or salty? Crunchy? Soft and flaky?
Probably sweet and crunchy (i.e. cookies!!)
It’s all YOU!
1. Do you have other hobbies like spinning or scrapbooking?
I spin, both spindle and wheel.
2. Do you collect anything?
Other than yarn and fluff? ;) Spindles. Books with faerie art (e.g. Brian Froud). Pretty blank journals; also stationary and non-refillable (read:cheap) fountain pens.
3. What is your favorite part of Winter?
Quiet nighttime walks in fluffy snowfalls.
4. What sort of scents do you enjoy? Any difference in what you like for your house versus what you like for your body?
I like woodsy, musky scents and bright citrusy ones. I don’t usually scent myself (sensitive skin and asthmatic husband) but sometimes indulge in light scented creams or quality incenses.
5. Are you allergic to anything?
6. Are you on Ravelry? What’s your ID?
7. How would you spend an ideal winter afternoon/day?
Snuggled down in warm PJs with good books and lots of treats, watching the snow.
8. What’s your favorite animal?
Foxes, cats, and ferrets.
8 responses to “Cocoa Swap 2 Questionnaire”
Just thought I’d stop by and comment. I’m looking forward to putting together your package. I’ve got some ideas forming from your answers… :)
Pingback: Happy Cocoa! « Chan Knits
You still exist?
mmmm kahlua and frangelico… mmmm you and I can have a cup of cocoa together anytime!
We had ferrets when I was growing up we raised them .I have always had a cat lov’em.Hugs Darcy
I hope you’re ok… haven’t seen you in blog land in a while! :-)
Pingback: Cocoa Swappin' Scavenger Hunt | Swap | Monniblog
Pingback: Cocoa Swap Scavenger Hunt | Elizabeth Martin