Secret Pal 12 Questionnaire
Editor’s Note: Writing all the answers isn’t’ very helpful if the post stays in “draft” for days — sorry, Secret Pal! Here it is, better late than never…
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I really like soft wools and silks. Anything natural, really, nothing synthetic!
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
A shoebox, and a roll-up holder my friend sewed for me.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I’ve been knitting about 5 years or so now. Definitely a strong intermediate.
5. What’s your favorite scent?
I like deeper scents, like amber and vanilla, for perfume, but citrus-y scents for cleansers.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I love sweet treats! Chocolate is always a winner (organic dark even better!)
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I love to spin, now. I’d like to get into felting, too. Otherwise I occasionally dabble in sewing and other crafts.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I really like Folk, Celtic, and world-fusion electronica, but have a very open “ear”. I definitely have mp3 capabilities.
9. What’s your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can’t stand?
I really love burgndies and purples, and also rich autumnal tones (brown, deep green, russets…). I don’t really wear blue, and a have very little interest in neons!
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I’m currently pregnant with baby #1!! We also have two kitties.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
Heck yes — Toronto gets cold!
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks and lace. Very addictive!
13. What are you knitting right now?
Socks, when I have the energy.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Metal for pointiness, wood for smoothness.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
A swift yes, a winder no.
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
Um… maybe a year? It’s buried somewhere, so I’ve forgotten about it!
18. What is your favorite holiday?
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Faerie art books. Small oil lamps. Yarn. Spinning fibre. Instruments I love but can’t play.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I really should get a subscription to Spin Off, but I haven’t yet. I am currently coveting a set of KnitPicks Harmony needles.
21. Are there any new techniques you’d like to learn?
I’d like to get better at making a sweater actually fit me.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Indeed I am! I wear a women’s size 8 shoe.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what’s your ID?