…But none from my camera. I have been battling near-terminal “camnesia” these days!
Last night I got to attend my first-ever swanky cocktail party for a large urban centre “cultural event”! Upon the generous nomination from an independent musician friend of mine, I participated in the photography project Toronto’s Milles Femmes, one of the “1000 x portraits” series by French photographer Pierre Maraval. I had a very professional little make-up and photo session a month or so back, and yesterday evening got all dolled up to view the installation and ate tiny hamburgers and drank many glasses of sparkling water, both of which were tremendous fun!
If you check out The Making of Toronto’s Milles Femmes website, you can watch a small YouTube video about the project and get a peek at my photo — I’m the last face you’ll see there! Damn you WordPress, why will you not let me embed this video??
And in a very similar vein, this weekend Franklin Habit‘s 1000 Knittters is making a Toronto stop, and I’ll be in the morning group (#22, whoo!). Will I be seeing you there? Or perhaps later that day, for the Yarn Harlot‘s birthday celebration? What fun lies ahead!
But, since I cannot offer any photos of my self, my photographers (ha! like I’m someone fancy!), or even of own today, I’ll leave you with the fun little Flickr mosaic meme:
1. Alas / Hope is the thing with feathers…, 2. Fajitas, 3. wanker chick with hickey, 4. Burgundy Dragonfly, 5. 16/365: Flickr Halloween Choice #4: Hugh Jackman, 6. Tea Corner…, 7. KELLS PRIORY. KILKENNY, IRELAND., 8. Double Chocolate Cheesecake, 9. The Writer, 10. inhibited creativity, 11. Hide-and-Seek, 12. Amelias Flower
Want to play too?
a. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Search.
b. Using only the first page, pick an image.
c. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into fd’s mosaic maker.
1. What is your first name?
2. What is your favorite food?
3. What high school did you go to?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Who is your celebrity crush?
6. Favorite drink?
7. Dream vacation?
8. Favorite dessert?
9. What do you want to be when you grow up?
10. What do you love most in life?
11. One word to describe you.
12. Your Flickr name.
Tune in next time for a Secret Pal questionnaire, and perhaps a tale of 6+lbs of camel hair…