What better way to “beat the winter blahs” than with a Hot Cocoa/Yarn Swap?
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug?
Big mug or latte bowl, full of freshly stovetop-heated milk with real cocoa…
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream?
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors?
I love most all natural fibers (wool, silk, etc), as soft as I can find! I am always attracted to autumnal earth-tones and deep, rich jewel tones — burgundies, rusts, charcoals & deep browns…
2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)?
I knit. And spin, too, but not crochet.
3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new?
I like the idea of wooden/bamboo needles, but think I actually prefer metals for the sharper points. I would love to try fancy circular needles like Addi or Harmony!
4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions?
I actually m fairly minimalist, notions-wise. Stitch markers, snips, measuring tapes, and whatnot all seem to mysteriously disappear!
5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)?
Knitting books — the Yarn Harlot books are the only ones I’ve bought for myself! I received the Vogue Stitchionary vol.1 for Christmas, and it has reminded me that if I want to start designing my own things, I really should develop a better patterns & techniques library.
6. What is your favorite ‘quick knit/crochet’ pattern (quick gratification)
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter?
Go for a walk in the evening when fluffy snow is falling, and sparkling from the streetlights…
2. What is your favorite animal?
3. Do you get the ‘winter blahs’?
Yes indeed — sometimes it’s just too cold, too bark, too dingy, and I long for Spring.
4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs?
Comfy pyjamas, a hot drink, a good book, and a cat curled up beside me on the couch!
5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring?
Seeing the tiny, sweet-smelling Spring flowers grow again — crocuses, violets, lily-of-the-valley, and hyacinth.
6. What are your favorite treat?
Predictably, chocolate! Organic and dark preferred :)
7. What is your favorite board game?
The Settlers of Catan.
8. Do you have any children (furry or human)?
9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about?
Basic dust/smoke/etc allergies, which shouldn’t be a problem! No other considerations that I can think of.