Melinda made my day last week by having me on her list for the “You Make My Day” Award! Thanks!
“Give the award to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel happy about blogland. Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so they can pass it on. Beware you may get the award several times.”
Here are the some of the people, in no particular order, who’s blogs help make my days:
1) My dear friend Kelly, She Who Measures. I’m always intrigued to see what she’ll be up to next, whether it’s building her own spinning wheel, natural dyeing, historical corsetry, or just life with the sheep and chickens…
2) Jo, of Celtic Memory Yarns. Her memory is indeed long, her story-well runs deep. Her Irish countryside is alive with Old Wisdom and new inspiration, and my heart longs to someday walk those paths.
3) Lani the Gadabout Knitter, my first blog-friend and fellow wool-washer, always makes me smile.
4) Glenna, aka the Crazy Knitting Lady — Not only are her designs fun and her knits inspiring, her cupcakes are to die for!
5) Geckogrrl — spinnner, amigarumi-maker, she-who-has-lived-interesting-places, mom-to-be, and all-around cool person.
6) The FemiKnit Mafiaalways seems to be there to remind me knitters are powerful, generous, sexy, strong , and creative women.
7) Ruth, ofKnitting on Impulse has taught me much about colour-theory, following the creative impulse, and her photos of Whistler in Winter are gorgeous!
8) Kathleen’s WIP Insanity helps remind me of the glorious things that a knitter can achieve with enough yarn, determination, and casual disregard for the concept of “too many projects”.
9) Saga In Colours: she does some awesome re-enacting, spins, naalbinds, and knits too!
10) Amy, who’s blog and website are truly inspirational to show how far knitting can take you (figuratively and literally!) if you try.
Thanks for being out in the blogosphere, guys. You (and so many others!) are the reason I’m here too.